Friday, June 4, 2010

Fabric Pennants -- Not Just for Birthdays!

I'm having a love affair with fabric pennants this summer!

AND they're *sew* easy to make.


First, head to The Whimsy Cottage store & pick up some fabric.
Next, I suggest making a template for the triangles using a piece of cardstock. I made the tops of my pennants as wide as the paper and used a ruler & pencil to mark the sides. Now you're ready to...
Trace, cut, press!
I used bias tape to string them and highly recommend using a wide piece -- trying to keep the pennants inside a narrow piece is a lil' bit frustrating. You can also run a bit of stitch witchery in the tape to help keep things together before you sew. Then it's...
Pin, stitch, hang!
I love them so much, I'm getting ready to make more. Pennant valances, anyone?



1 comment:

  1. I _love_ the fabric pennants...I'm trying to decide if I have time to make one for Peaches' first birthday party (which is coming up SO soon!). You make it sound pretty easy, which gives me hope...

    I'm so glad The Whimsy Cottage blog is up and running. I checked out the new fabrics and am shocked to see Christmas fabric already, but I guess it is time to start thinking about it. Eek!

    ReplyDelete